There's just 3 weeks, or potentially (hopefully) less, left until we get to see Baby Boy. We still don't have a name chosen from our top four; perhaps if we decided, he'd feel a little more welcome and make his appearance. Other than that, bags are packed and I'm ready to go. Last week when I mentioned my concern about carrying this baby to term with the pain my kidneys were giving me, my midwife said she'd strip my membranes at next appointment. Thankfully I haven't had any real kidney-related pain in the last week, so that hasn't seemed necessary.
Today I measured 4 cm and she estimated he's probably about 7 lbs 11 oz. She thinks I'll "go quickly" once things get going, so she gave me her numbers and directions to head to the hospital once contractions become remotely regular and to call her directly on our way. I've been having more Braxton-Hicks that, this evening, have been stronger, longer and downright uncomfortable. After our couple false alarms, I'm really hoping I'll know when it's time and can get to the hospital before it's "too late."