There are plenty of signs that fall is on its way, but it's not quite cold enough for a steaming hot drink. Frozen hot chocolate is a perfect way to get a jump start on this cold-weather favorite. Especially on a day like today when it felt a little toasty in our house even with the windows open. I'm just wondering why we didn't enjoy this during our warm winter in Florida!
Thanks to Pinterest, I started with this frozen hot chocolate recipe. How delicious! Right?
I made a few alterations, partly because the original recipe seemed like it might be a little too rich, but mostly because I needed to take it down to a single serving and I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand.
1 TBSP margarine
1 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP powdered hot chocolate mix
1/4 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. soymilk
1 1/2 c. ice
1. Melt margarine on stove over low heat. Add sugar and hot chocolate mix.
2. Mix in chocolate chips and continue stirring until mostly melted.
3. Add soymilk and whisk, then remove from heat and let it cool.
4. Blend ice with chocolate mixture.
5. Top with whipped topping and chocolate chips or shavings and enjoy :)
Whenever we make smoothies, we usually give Brylee a slightly watered down version which makes it a consistency that's easier for her to drink and slightly lessens the amount of sugar she's getting. I did the same with this frozen treat by adding extra soymilk. She used her spoon to eat the whipped topping off the top :)
Now to find the baby version of this for Ian :)