Date Night Planning Picnic

{date night planning}

Our date night ideas have been dwindling. More accurately, our motivation to remember and act on date night ideas has dwindled. I find great ideas on Pinterest or Google, then can't quite decide which date we should do and we end up with a Redbox 99% of the time. (The other 1% we go "out on the town" which means browsing Target, the mall or TJ Max. Exciting!)

Enter: Date Night Planning Picnic.



"Date Night Planning Picnic" was our date theme last week. Yes, we still ended up with a Redbox. But we started it off with a picnic and some planning for future dates. I packed up whatever odd mix of picnic foods we had in the house (hotdogs, corn chips, trailmix, sliced apples), picked Daniel up from work and headed to Holme's Lake.


Brylee chose a perfect secluded spot in a cove of trees where we laid out our blanket and bag of food. The sky was blue and the grass green and the sun shining and the birds singing, and all of those wonderful signs of Spring that conjure up feelings of peace and happiness.


After eating our food, we did a quick date night planning exercise. I had an envelope with squares of paper and two pens. Daniel and I each wrote down a few date night ideas to add to the envelope. When it's our turn to plan date night we'll pull an idea from the envelope which takes the decision-making that we struggle with out of date night. We'll do whatever is on the paper, and whoever's turn it is to plan can interpret the date however they see fit.

{indecision date dice}


PLANNING FOR FUTURE DATE NIGHTS

Other takes on preplanned dates include date dice (like above that can be personalized! or make your own), this great date night jar with popcicle sticks, or thoroughly preplanned envelopes like these.


Get date night ideas from the date night resources in this post, these 50 fun and cheap date ideas, these 20 pocket-change date night ideas, or these 33 at-home date night ideas.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found my blog! I'm loving your date night planning idea. My husband and I always have such a hard time trying to decide what to do. I think I need to make some envelopes myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Then, when you find the perfect dates to add to the envelope, just let me know :)

      Delete
  2. This is so great...I had to
    Follow you just because of your profile
    Picture...you look
    Like you have the fun-est family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks! I'm glad we have a fun picture or two to remind me we have it in us :)

      Delete
  3. Aww, thanks so much for linking to my blog! These other date ideas are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem--love your blog! and thanks :)

      Delete

Add to the conversation! Or, if you'd like a direct response, then send your questions or comments to beginnerbeans {at} gmail .com. Either way, I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...