Why a mixi instead of a mix? My husband and I bought a car once that, while the engine instantly went out, it came with the bonus of a CD preloaded in the CD player that had written on it "My Mixi." We eventually realized it said "My Mix!" not "My Mixi." And yet, I still call mixes "mixis."
This is My 30th Birthday Mixi, and it is all over the place. Less party music, more a musical walk down memory lane. I'm not even going to try and fix it. It is what it is, and putting it together was the strangest kind of therapy. Some songs I've liked just because they're fun and others have so many memories wrapped up in them.
Enjoy. Or not. Whatever. It's my mixi.
1. Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae
2. I Try - Macy Gray
3. Don't Turn Around - Ace of BaseI listened to them way past their time. This song was my anthem after a break up.
4. Part of Your World - The Little MermaidThis song was to me and my sister what Frozen's "Let It Go" is to our children. Bet ya on land, they understand, that they don't reprimand their daughters. Bright young women, sick of swimmin', ready to staaaand!
5. Little Bitty - Alan JacksonThere was a while I listened to country (and oldies). It was between this and Deana Carter's Did I Shave My Legs for This.
6. One Call Away - Charlie Puth
7. Nobody's Fool - Avril LavigneAvril's Let Go album was my mid-life crisis soundtrack when I was 15.
8. Run Around - Blues Traveler
9. Shut Up and Dance - Walk the MoonLove this song. And the dance-clips.
10. Shake It Off - Taylor SwiftHate all you want. It's just fun.
11. Sunrise - Norah Jones
12. Flower Flower - The VespersBrylee and I may have listened to this on repeat a few times.
13. Say hey (I love you) - Michael Franti & SpearheadI can't listen to this song and not move.
14. Always Be My Baby - Mariah CareyAll the Mariah Carey from the Music Box and Daydream albums.
15. No Rain - Blind Melon
This is a marker for so many 90s songs I was going to include but didn't.
16. You Were Meant for Me - JewelAll the Jewel. Her book Never Broken really brought her songs all full circle.
17. Breakfast at Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something
18. Head Over Feet - Alanis Morissette
19. Island in the Sun - Weezer
20. Broadway - Goo Goo DollsWe went to their concert a couple years ago and had to leave before they played the good songs.
21. Lullaby - Shawn MullinsThis song struck me from the first time I heard it. Then it was on the 90s mix I listened to in the hospital when I was having Oli. It means even more now.
22. When I'm Gone - Anna Kendrick
23. Let Her Go - Passenger
24. Gone - Jack JohnsonAll the Jack Johnson.
25. Ooh Aah - GritsThis song reminds me of road trips and rock climbing with my brother.
26. High of 75 - Relient KI will forever sing this song whenever we have 70-degree weather.
27. Take My Hand - Shawn McDonald
28. Let Us Love - Needtobreathe
29. Long Time Traveler - The Wailin' JennysUh, this song. The tune, the voices, the words. It gets me every time.
30. Fight Song - Rachel PlattenI needed to end this mix without me in tears (The Wailin' Jennys do that to me).
And that's a wrap. Ohmygoodness, there's so many more songs that could and maybe even should be on this list. Also quite a few that were my favorites for a time, but now listening to them they have awful lyrics and their videos are terrible. It's embarrassing really. I would have been better off listening to Backstreet Boys or Britney Spears. This is good enough for my musical walk down memory lane.
What would go on your Walk Down Memory Lane Mixi?
new? start here...
31 days celebrating three-oh
our marriage mixi